Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:34 pm by kerabo

» VILLIERS 1H
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:53 pm by piston 197

Alternator to a Villiers 2T

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alternator ???

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:11 am

My misses had 2 2CV's and they were great fun, we went on the London to Brighton run one year with them.
She now has a Smart Car, and that we fight over who drives it.

When I was 17 I went all round England Scotland and Wales camping on a Triumph Tiger Cub, I wouldn't dream of doing that now. What youth does for you.

Now where were we.????

Graham (tbird) elephant

Back to top Go down

The good old days!

Post  bessybarnett on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 am

Conjure this up in your mind Malc. It was the early 70ís, I was young and handsome and I had just polished my 'pride and joy' (wheels!). It was a lovely sunny day and me and my bird (sorry my bird and me!), were out for a romantic drive down the A46 towards Newark in my wonderful orange Renault 5(TL no less). The sounds of sweet nothings and Lindifarne or Wings (canít remember) playing gently on the 8 track. Not a care in the world. The air was warming up, I felt good, and so I confidently leant over towards mt bird and lifted the front catch on the sunroof. In an instant, the soft black vinyl covering on the metal bar supports filled with air like a sail ready to burst. It flew backwards like a sledgehammer and embedded itself in the rear of my beautiful orange roof that I had only just bloody polished! - Bastards!! Crying or Very sad

- And she still married me! I love you

Pete
bessybarnett

Back to top Go down

Re: Alternator to a Villiers 2T

Post  Malfisher on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:33 am

tbird wrote:
When I was 17 I went all round England Scotland and Wales camping on a Triumph Tiger Cub, I wouldn't dream of doing that now. What youth does for you.

Now where were we.????

Graham (tbird) elephant

In a mad place Graham, thats where we are! I was talking to a mate of mine about modern bikes a few weeks back, and how ridiculous the the power outputs are are, he said, yes, thinking about it youre right, 100bhp is plenty! Laughing

Malc
Malfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  Malfisher on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:39 am

At least you knew after that it must be love Pete! Laughing The first vehicle I conveyed the memsahib about in was a 1970 series 2 landrover diesel, the doors didnt close and there was all sorts rattling round in the back, sheer luxury how could I fail! Before that it was shank's then a Honda 90, hows that for trapping a woman by vehicular means? Wink

Malc.
Malfisher

Back to top Go down

The good old days!

Post  bessybarnett on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:06 am

Strange but true, Malc !!!

I met my wife at work, and I use to pick her up and take her home in my re-registered Ex-army (came from Italy) lefthand drive Series 2 short wheel base landrover (XVO 949M). The front panels were new, putting the headlamps into the wings. Sadly I couldn't afford the petrol(had twin 10 gal. fuel tanks) and it had to go, hence the orange Renault. I even removed the heavy metal engine fan and replaced it with an electric Kenlowe fan - got two extra miles to the gallon! You could dip the headlights with a footswitch. brilliant fun. I've just remembered I sold my original FB Kestrel 66 for £35 inc delivery!, to help fund my landrover.

Sorry to digress guys.

Pete
bessybarnett

Back to top Go down

Camping

Post  kerabo on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:43 am

Malfisher wrote:
tbird wrote:

Now where were we.????

Graham (tbird) elephant

In a mad place Graham, thats where we are! I was talking to a mate of mine about modern bikes a few weeks back, and how ridiculous the the power outputs are are, he said, yes, thinking about it youre right, 100bhp is plenty! Laughing

Malc

What do you mean you wouldent camp now. Get yourself to FBOC festival of a 1000 bikes we all camp.

Ken
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87..1936 Cruiser 39. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

the good old days

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:09 pm

Ken
That was Camp not Kamp.?????

Back to top Go down

Camping

Post  kerabo on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:34 pm

tbird wrote:Ken
That was Camp not Kamp.?????

Now then behave

Ken
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87..1936 Cruiser 39. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Alternator

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi All

Now we know how we were in the bygone days, how about more info on my alternator mod please.

Or have we writen that to death.

Graham(tbird)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2