Latest topics
» One from every year
Today at 10:40 pm by kerabo

» Speedo drive - Rear wheel
Today at 5:32 pm by piston 197

» American thoughts of a British Bike Cruiser 39.
Today at 5:10 pm by John Wakefield

» NEW CLUB MEMBERS
Today at 10:40 am by piston 197

» Cruiser 39 gear change
Yesterday at 5:16 pm by kerabo

» Re-register Cruiser/Falcon
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by peter@dunfordconstruction

» Cruiser carb
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:51 pm by kerabo

» External coil mod
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:32 am by bigpete

» Key switch for Villiers
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:32 pm by kerabo

Vale Onslow parts on ebay

Go down

Vale Onslow parts on ebay

Post  FBKev on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Vale Onslow have Various NOS parts on Ebay ATM
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Francis-Barnett-Tank-Cap-Cover-Plate-6143-Genuine-Nos/183537250367?hash=item2abbac303f:g:20QAAOSwl29b7Vxp
Use this link then click on see other items (there 400+ parts not all FB/James) but include cadet/plover swingarm some tinware may be of help to someone.
Kev.
FBKev

Back to top Go down

Vale onslow /Ebay

Post  piston 197 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Yes they keep adding and relisting their items and the total now is well over 400 items, but if you look at their sale rate you will see not a lot sells , and not surprising either at their prices !
Second hand Cruiser tank @£75 bare with no pads , badges or cap ? i have about half a dozen to choose from @ £35 each, i have just sold one with badges, kneepads,cap and tap for £75 !

JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Re: Vale Onslow parts on ebay

Post  FBKev on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:36 pm

I thought some were a bit steep. The Fuel flap struck me as being a hard to find item though, no doubt I will proved wrong.
Kev.
FBKev

Back to top Go down

Fuel cap

Post  piston 197 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:52 pm

FBKev wrote:I thought some were a bit steep. The Fuel flap struck me as being a hard to find item though, no doubt I will proved wrong.
Kev.
I have a couple £10 each or £45 if you would like a petrol tank with it !!
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Post  davin999 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:09 pm

[quote="piston 197"]Yes they keep adding and relisting their items and the total now is well over 400 items, but if you look at their sale rate you will see not a lot sells , and not surprising either at their prices !
Second hand Cruiser tank @£75 bare with no pads , badges or cap ? i have about half a dozen to choose from @ £35 each, i have just sold one with badges, kneepads,cap and tap for £75 !

JH[/quote

I`m not on my own then J.H just trawled through their full list i`m surprised they sell anything.

davin999

Back to top Go down

Vale Onslow

Post  FB vincent on Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:34 pm

I have to be extremely grateful for being rescued from near disaster with some of my restoration projects by Vale Onslow in recent years. Being a southerner, I never knew the firm in it's glory days, but Len (Junior) could until recently provide impossible to find new FB parts from the stores, and would tell me stories from the days when FB and James were still trading. My Powerbike has a brand new rear hub thanks to them; without this, it would possibly have never run again. A visit to their Sparkhill shop took me back to my boyhood, when elderly storekeepers wearing brown workshop coats would briefly put down their Woodbine fag and wander off to provide that elusive part for my Falcon, while I drooled over the brand new 4T engined FB Cruisers all lined up on the oily wooden floor. Glad to see that Vale Onslow are continuing in business from their new premises. Sandy

FB vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  John Wakefield on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:11 pm

FB vincent wrote:. †Glad to see that Vale Onslow are continuing in business from their new premises. † Sandy

Maybe trying to pay off the cost of the new building hence the high prices, many of these firms seem to think they have the crown jewels for sale (Villiers Services have apparently recently put all their prices up)
With the changing way of the world, they may be left with them as interest in this old stuff diminishes with elderly bike owners passing on, and the old bikes of no interest to future generations.

John Wakefield

Back to top Go down

New building

Post  piston 197 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:20 pm

I think the cost of the "new "building was more than compensated by the old building which while falling down and only fit for development was also aided by a fire just after vale-Onslow vacated it ??
Fortunately the valuable new old stock had been moved out to the new building by lucky coincidence and timing
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down