» Trials rear sprocket
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:12 pm by bigpete

» 1933 'Something?? Help!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:58 am by Johnyfalcon

DVLA - Grr

Go down

DVLA - Grr

Post  fulmar88 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:50 am

When I first bought my 4T Cruiser 89 I enquired about the reg number with the DVLA and was told by letter 'we don't hold a full record for your number. We understand that a vehicle's original number is a sentimental piece of its history so you'll be pleased to know that you can still apply to register the vehicle under its original number'.

As this was a year ago and at that point it needed an MOT before sending the form I waited. Then the rules changed, I don't need an MOT so sent off the V55/5 they asked me to fill in. They've now come back and said they don't have any record of my number and I will have to provide proof (I've tried, I can't get any) or have an age related number allocated. A phone call to them this morning confirms this and they admitted I had been wrongly advised originally. More than a little frustrated. Plus I knew I should have waited before making up the rear number plate!?!

To compound the problem the bike has it's original reg on two stickers on the front mudguard. There's no way this is being removed as it is part of the original bike. Also it was originally registered post Aug '65 on a C reg although it is actually a '64 MY and my dating certificate will state this so I will be allocated a B reg. And..the original number was 3 letters, 2 numbers and the suffix. I explained to the woman that there would be no room on the number plate for 3 rows of digits, or 2 rows of 3 and 4 digits. She suggested a covering letter to request a 3 letter, 2 number and suffix reg be allocated.

Sorry for the rant but it has at least been cathartic.

PS: For the dating cert JH, what is it that you need from me? Photos? etc.

Steve.
fulmar88

Back to top Go down

DVLA woes

Post  piston 197 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Steve i have sent you a p.m, but best to give me a phone call
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum