» Re-register Cruiser/Falcon
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:06 pm by peter@dunfordconstruction

» Petrol tanks and spares
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:37 pm by piston 197

Plover 86 oil level

Go down

Plover 86 oil level

Post  davin999 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:39 am

Can anyone tell me the correct amount of oil in the Plover 86 primary chain case,

cheers
Dave

davin999

Back to top Go down

Re: Plover 86 oil level

Post  davin999 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:49 pm

davin999 wrote:Can anyone tell me the correct amount of oil in the Plover 86 primary chain case,

cheers
   Dave

Hello all,
I put this post on to try and find the correct amount of oil that goes in the primary chaincase of the 15T engine,the reason i ask is i`ve just bought two F.Bs a Fulmar and a Plover 86 the first thing i then bought was the two Bruce Main Smith manuals
now Bruce is no longer with they us are sold through the National Motorcycle Museum they are said to be photo copies from the originals for the two bikes the Fulmar spec reads approx 2 fluid oz and the Plover 86 says 22 fluid oz of oil 22 fluid oz is to me way to much it would be almost half the chaincase and 2 fluid oz of oil doses`t seem enough,the question is which one is right or are they both wrong i`d like to know the correct amount as i would then email the National Motorcycle Museum to see if they can amend the manuals.Confusion may have arisen as it says 2 fl oz for the gearbox I`ve just done my usual practice and just filled to almost cover the bottom run of the chain.

cheers
Dave

davin999

Back to top Go down

Plover oil

Post  piston 197 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:34 pm

The later chaincase outers have a level screw in them and you remove this and fill the case until with the bike level it just starts to dribble out, nowadays most people use automatic transmission fluid ( ATF,TQF) in these machines.
I have never seen an actual measurement of the amount of oil in an AMC 15T chaincase, but enough to cover the bottom run of the chain should be ample.
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Manuals

Post  kerabo on Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 pm

davin999 wrote:
davin999 wrote:Can anyone tell me the correct amount of oil in the Plover 86 primary chain case,

cheers
   Dave
Remember the club has Manuals for almost everything

Regards Ken

Hello all,
I put this post on to try and find the correct amount of oil that goes in the primary chaincase of the 15T engine,the reason i ask is i`ve just bought two F.Bs a Fulmar and a Plover 86 the first thing i then bought was the two Bruce Main Smith manuals
now Bruce is no longer with they us are sold through the National Motorcycle Museum  they are said to be photo copies from the originals for the two bikes the Fulmar spec reads approx 2 fluid oz and the  Plover 86 says 22  fluid oz  of oil 22 fluid oz is to me way to much it would be almost half the chaincase and  2  fluid oz  of oil doses`t seem enough,the question is which one is right or are they both wrong i`d like to know the correct amount as i would then email the National Motorcycle Museum to see if they can amend the manuals.Confusion may have arisen as it says 2  fl oz for the gearbox  I`ve just done my usual practice and just filled to almost cover the bottom run of the chain.

cheers
   Dave        
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87..1936 Cruiser 39. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Re: Plover 86 oil level

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down