» Registration
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:55 pm by FBKev

»  Plover 86 oil level
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 pm by kerabo

Replica Villiers switch

Go down

Replica Villiers switch

Post  blackjak on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:19 am

I have bought a replica Villiers switch (Off P H Direct) for the rectified lighting system and I am trying to work out the wiring as it does not appear to coincide with the wiring diagram. If anyone has used one of these replica switches on a Falcon 54 or similar I would appreciate a PM from you.

If not can any one tell me if in the wiring diagram the terminals are numbered clockwise or anticlockwise? The reason I ask this is that the replica switch has its terminals numbered in a clockwise direction (starting at the 3:00 position) and not having had the original switch I do not know if this was how they where numbered.
Secondly, terminal 1 and terminal 3 have a jumper wire between them. The diagram does not show this so it is just a matter of taking out the jumper wire or is it there for a purpose in the replica?
Thirdly, when looking at the wiring diagram the lever is touching terminal (1 or 7) depending which way you read the terminals on the diagram and not touching terminal (1 or 7) on the opposite side. On the replica switch the lever does not touch either terminal when in the Off position.
In the P position the lever touches terminal 7 and no other terminal is activated.
In the H position terminals 3,4 and 6 (Terminal 6 has the lever to the centre aluminium block) are activated.
In the Direct position terminal 1 and the lever come into contact and terminals 2,3 and 6 activated.

I took the jumper lead out between terminals 1 and 3 to do this test.

Thanks in advance for any help.

blackjak

blackjak

Back to top Go down

Jumper lead/link

Post  piston 197 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:13 am

jumper lead is generally there for use with direct part of the circuit when the head/dip switch is operated, without this in the "direct" position the headlight bulb is switched from head to dip with a brief period mid-turn where neither are lit, at this time all of the power will go to the rear light bulb and cause it to blow without the jumper lead.
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Re: Replica Villiers switch

Post  blackjak on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks John. After further research on the net I can confirm that both the original and replica switch terminals are numbered the same (clockwise) with number 1 terminal being at the 3:00 position. I suppose I will connect it as per the diagram when the time comes and see what happens and of course leave the jumper wire in. I am in the process of making a new wiring loom at present.

blackjak

blackjak

Back to top Go down

wiring looms

Post  piston 197 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 am

If you enter wiring harness into the search box at the top you will see details of a forum member who supplies excellent wiring harnesses for various model FB, ( Bill66) might be worth sending him a p.m. enquiry ?
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Re: Replica Villiers switch

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum