» Buckled flywheel
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:41 pm by piston 197

» May help someone Handelbars
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:39 am by kerabo

10D 3 speed gearbox

Go down

10D 3 speed gearbox

Post  trickydicky on Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi, I have stripped my gearbox down to fit a new outer cover and to replace the detent plunger as I was having trouble getting 2nd gear. It all seemed to go back ok but having just taken it round the block, when I put it into 3rd gear it doesn't seem to want to stay engaged and feels as if it is going from disengaging to engaging on each stroke of the piston. It was fine in third before I tampered with it! It never completely jumps out of gear and It's hard to describe but sounds like something will break if i ran it for long. It feels a bit like changing into low gear at too low a speed (thump thump thump) but that's not the case as I am not going slowly. Any ideas what I may have done wrong?

In anticiaption

TD
trickydicky

Back to top Go down

Gearbox woes

Post  piston 197 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Take your clutch outer case off and see if you can pull the clutch basket in and out ?, there should be no discernible movement, sounds like it could be end float on the mainshaft either the spacer or bearings missing out of the final output gear, or end float adjustment at the other end ??

If you just had the endcase off and the indent plunger off you are unlikely to have done anything wrong, if you have stripped the gearbox completely the things i have described above are more likely
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Re: 10D 3 speed gearbox

Post  trickydicky on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:03 pm

piston 197 wrote:Take your clutch outer case off and see if you can pull the clutch basket in and out ?, there should be no discernible movement, sounds like it could be end float on the mainshaft either the spacer or bearings missing out of the final output gear, or end float adjustment at the other end ??

If you just had the endcase off and the indent plunger off you are unlikely to have done anything wrong, if you have stripped the gearbox completely the things i have described above are more likely
JH

Thank you I'll have a look. I did have the whole box apart so good chance I have left something out!

TD
trickydicky

Back to top Go down

Re: 10D 3 speed gearbox

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down