Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:10 pm by MoscowFlyer

» Albion 4 Speed Gearbox
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:50 pm by Maurice

Newly registered and a question on age related registration number

Go down

Newly registered and a question on age related registration number

Post  Dadzee on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:27 pm

Firstly Hello to you all!

I m very excited to have purchased a thoroughly abused example of a Francis Barnet motorbike. After researching the frame numbers it appears to be a 1953 Falcon series 2 with a villiers 387A engine (which I hope might be orignal).
The bike appears to have been moddified long ago as a trials bike/green lane machine. My initial thoughts are that the main items such as wheels, frame engine, gearbox etc are all intact and origional but other more minor parts such as mudguards speedo wiring lighting etc are missing or messed about with.

My intention is to partially restore the machine in the spirit of a "green lane bike" but I would like to attempt to re-register it with an age related plate.

I would be most grateful if any of you might offer me some guidance/links on the following.

a. Am I likely to be granted an age related plate for a partially original machine as descibed above.
b. If yes, Does the club offer age/ model verification services which I believe I may needed in the process of gaining a plate
c. I am going to need alloy mudguards, solo seat, lighting and other odds and sods. Can anyone suggest a supplier for this or anyone have some secoondhand bits that may get me going.

Pics to follow of the basket case when I can work out how to do it !

Thankyou in advance Ed

Dadzee

Back to top Go down

registering

Post  piston 197 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:24 pm

Ed Yes in a word if you have the original frame with number and the original type of forks, wheels,engine and gearbox there would be no problem in dating it for registering on an age related number,i am the FBOC ,DVLA approved dating officer and could issue the necessary paperwork.
It is when i see bikes with Japanese wheels and forks and cut about frames i have to decline, but your seems like it should be a suitable candidate
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Re: Newly registered and a question on age related registration number

Post  Dadzee on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi JH

Thank you for your helpful reply, that's what I was hoping to hear.. It seems Ive found the man !
Yes i am sure the forks are original too. I expect that the modifying dates back to the 60 or 70s. My aim is sympathetically restore it with a "nod" to an off road bike as complete origionalality isnt possible (on my wifes budgets)
Ill be in touch thanks again Ed

Dadzee

Back to top Go down

Falcon 58

Post  piston 197 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Ok when you are ready get in touch, if it is a series II Falcon FB it will have a frame No beginning TTMS, the 387A engine is an 8E and correct for a series II model 58
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Re: Newly registered and a question on age related registration number

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum