» CWC rims sizes
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:36 pm by Mcventures

» 1935 Francis Barnett Cruiser Project
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:02 pm by FBKev

Fuel Stabiliser

Go down

Fuel Stabiliser

Post  kerabo on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:22 pm

I have been contacted and asked if I would relay this to our club.
I know nothing about it

Regards Ken

I hope you donít mind me contacting you directly.
As you are probably aware ethanol-based fuel is becoming more and more of an issue for motorcycles and especially classic motorcycles.
If you plan to store your motorcycle for 30 days or longer, adding STA-BIL Storage Fuel Stabiliser to your fuel will protect your engine from gum, varnish, rust and corrosion.
STA-BIL keeps fuel fresh for up to 24 months during storage, eliminating the need to drain the tank. It works safely and effectively in all petrol including ethanol-blended fuel.
We also have products, such as STA-BIL 360 Performance, that are suitable for motorcycles that are used all year round.
If you would like more information donít hesitate to contact me or visit our website www.sta-bil.co.uk.
If you think this may be of interest to your members, please share the link to our website. If you would like some leaflets with information on our products to hand out at meetings we would be more than happy to supply.
We would also like to offer your club members 15% off STA-BIL products. Just advise your members to use coupon code classicmotorcycle15 at checkout on our website.
Thank you for your time.
Kind regards,
Tom

Tom Whitehouse
Linntec Ltd
Unit 1 Bretfield Court
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
WF12 9BG

W: www.linntec.com
T: 01924 469920

Linntec Signature Cropped A

kerabo

Location : Falcon 87..1936 Cruiser 39. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Stabiliser

Post  bill2b on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:06 pm

How has the motoring world managed for all these years without this product that keeps popping up everywhere? ShockedShocked
bill2b

Back to top Go down

Fuel stabiliser

Post  piston 197 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:59 am

Fuel was quite stable years ago, but the shelf life if this modern Ethanol fuel is short, when i was about 15 i bought a Falcon 74 from out local postman's widow, it had been unused for 4 years, but after cleaning the carb and points and kicking for about 10 minutes it burst into life on the ancient fuel.
I bought a Cruiser 80 off John Baker ( former committee member of the FBOC) many years ago, it had not been run for 3 years and John told me there was a product from his local lawn-mower centre that was added to mower fuel to keep it fresh, he had put this into the Cruiser, again it ran happily after this long lay-up.
This product or a version of it has been available for mowers and industrial machinery that get laid up for the winter months, i just think someone has cottoned onto the classic bike market and found a new angle for an already established product ?
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Post  John Wakefield on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:23 pm

Fuel Stabaliser is just one of those useless products like Fuel Cat (lead tin pellets you put in the tank & advertised as used in Spitfires in WW2). All a load of b*****ks.
Current petrol even with ethanol will not deteriorate within 30 days. If you dont have a problem then dont fix it. If you are going to store your bike for over a month then either use it up or drain it off into a sealed can and then use it for cleaning parts etc. Super unleaded may have a longer life so if you have starting problems much better to spend you money on that rather than some highly priced so called Fuel Stabaliser!

John Wakefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down