» Cruiser Tool kit
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:34 pm by kerabo

» VILLIERS 1H
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:53 pm by piston 197

Kestrel 69 fork seals

Go down

Kestrel 69 fork seals

Post  johnh on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:45 am

I'm in the process of rebuilding my kestrel 69 forks. the seals that are supposed to be at the base of the fork legs are missing, does anyone know where I could get a pair , or even just one that we can copy it?
Removing the Tufnol bushes has proven to be a bit of a challenge, there is about 6 inches of thin steel tube fitted to the inside of the top section of the fork tubes,and its approx. the same dia as the bushes, so can't simply tap the bushes out from the top with a drift. So we've had to make up a tool out of spring steel, a bit like the tool that we use to remove the ball races from bicycle head sets.
Many thanks from South Australia.

johnh

Back to top Go down

Kestrel 69

Post  David Newstead on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:02 pm

John, I also have a Kestrel 69 that I'm currently restoring here at Glen Innes, N.S.W.
Mine is without a centre stand; it got left behind on the farm back in Suffolk, England, when the bike followed me out here in '85. I do have drawing, but would like to get dimensions and finer details to fabricate one.

David.

David Newstead

Back to top Go down

Re: Kestrel 69 fork seals

Post  johnh on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:54 am

Hi David, shouldn't be a problem, I've just started long service leave and the plan is to get the Kestrel finished. My centre stand original and works fine. should be easy to provide whatever detail you need. how do you want to do this. BTW, I'm in Adelaide . cheers John

johnh

Back to top Go down

KESTREL CENTRE STAND

Post  David Newstead on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:03 pm

johnh wrote:Hi David, shouldn't be a problem,  I've just started long service leave and the plan is to get the Kestrel finished.  My centre stand original and works fine.  should be easy to provide whatever detail you need.  how do you want to do this. BTW, I'm in Adelaide .  cheers John

Hello again John - have been a bit mesmerised by the formats of how to follow up on your offer above. Hoping I've reconnected this time. And thank you, this is the break- through I've been wanting for a long time. Like you I've got a makeover deadline, so am intent on doing something 6 days out of 7, even if it be just polishing a nut! If needs be we'll jump in the old Corolla and journey down to Adelaide for a viewing of the stand. But otherwise, email for pics. My mob: 0407 323 283.
BTW Glen Innes is half way between Armidale and Tenterfield on the New Eng Hwy. There's only one 'Newstead' in Glen Innes, indeed in the whole of our local directory!

Regards,
David

David Newstead

Back to top Go down

Re: Kestrel 69 fork seals

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down