Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:37 pm by piston 197

» Cruiser 80 speedo
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:15 pm by piston 197

Help Please

Go down

Help Please

Post  RPILKY on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:25 am

Hi Dave,
My mate says if he fits Regulator Rectifier the Direct Switch will become dead is that correct

Cheers Bob

RPILKY

http://RPILKY@AOL.COM

Back to top Go down

Direct switch.

Post  A7 JWO on Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:31 pm

My Villiers Falcon has one fitted and the direct switch is dead !! Sad

A7 JWO

Back to top Go down

Thanking You

Post  RPILKY on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:24 pm

A7 JWO wrote:My Villiers Falcon has one fitted and the direct switch is dead !! Sad

Cheers Dave

RPILKY

Back to top Go down

Rectifier Replacement

Post  Druid on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi Bob

Assuming that the bike is wired as per the standard wiring diagram, simply replacing the old rectifier with the modern silicon version should not have any effect on the direct (a.c.) lighting.

When you say "regulator rectifier" I suspect you are referring to what is actually just a rectifier i.e. a device that converts ac to dc. A regulator rectifier converts ac to dc but also electronically stabilises the dc output voltage to a fixed value.

As suggested by Mike, it is a good idea to replace the old rectifier with a new silicon rectifier since these more efficient and reliable than the old technology selenium/oxide rectifiers. By connecting a bridge rectifier as shown in the article you actually use two of the four "bridge" diodes in the package to half wave rectify the current from the two sets of alternator coils.

Regards

Dave

Druid

Back to top Go down

Info Please

Post  RPILKY on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:31 pm

Druid wrote:Hi Bob

Assuming that the bike is wired as per the standard wiring diagram, simply replacing the old rectifier with the modern silicon version should not have any effect on the direct (a.c.)  lighting.

When you say "regulator rectifier" I suspect you are referring to what is actually just a rectifier i.e. a device that converts ac to dc.  A regulator rectifier converts ac to dc but also electronically stabilises the dc output voltage to a fixed value.

As suggested by Mike, it is a good idea to replace the old rectifier with a new silicon rectifier since these more efficient and reliable than the old technology selenium/oxide rectifiers. By connecting a bridge rectifier as shown in the article you actually use two of the four "bridge" diodes in the package to half wave rectify the current from the two sets of alternator coils.

Regards

Dave

Thank you for information I will let you know how I go on, just other thing do you now of any 2 strokes experts In Lancashire I live in Preston ?
Regard Bob

RPILKY

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Please

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum