Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:42 am by kerabo

» Cruiser 80
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:58 pm by intrudin

Newbie 61 Falcon Owner - Switches and Stand

Go down

Newbie 61 Falcon Owner - Switches and Stand

Post  Gixerfalcon on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi All,

Well having given up on my first Fanny B a 250 Cruiser 810 FXK if anyone has it, I am back with a 61 Falcon:

Now as you hopefully can see the stand has the front wheel off the ground and the rear on it, need to know my options and also what should it be like?

Now a bit more fundamental, both the switches on the Headlight are the same, now I know the one on the left (from sitting) is what I need to turn to get the lady going, and the the right does the lights, wjich seem to work okay. So should the left switch have different makrings than the headlight ?
Why does it turn 2 ways whats the difference, I see the ammeter doing different things but not really sure what is going on.

Had my first ride today and runs lovely a bit slow lol, but maybe a tune is needed as was just about with the wind and down hill to get to 50 :-)

Thanks for any help and advice

Ian

Gixerfalcon

Back to top Go down

switches

Post  piston 197 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Both switches are identical ,but the light switch top should have H and L on it, H position for headlight, L for side light, The ignition switch top should have I and E on it for Ignition on position ( I ) and for starting in emergency position when battery is flat ( E ).
The stand will lift one wheel or the other depending on the balance point, presumably your bike is heavier behind the pivot point of the stand, hence the front wheel being off the ground, if the rear wheel was off the ground there would be a tendency for the bike to roll forward off the stand whereas with the front off the ground this will be a lot less likely
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie 61 Falcon Owner - Switches and Stand

Post  Gixerfalcon on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Thanks JH for the prompt reply.

So looking at the pic does that look right as I thought the stand was bent :-)

Now it makes sense on the I & E but the switches on the bike are identaical so guess someone just used a headlight switch to replace the correct one, that or I am going mad....

Ian

Gixerfalcon

Back to top Go down

stand and switches

Post  piston 197 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Stand looks straight enough to me, but it may be going I bit over centre, usually caused by wear where it comes against the stop.
It is just the switch knob they will have changed , the switch itself is identical, plenty of switch knobs on Ebay, just put 2 flat edges , one each side under the knob and it will lever off
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie 61 Falcon Owner - Switches and Stand

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down