» Anyone have one of these?
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:49 pm by kerabo

» cruiser 45 carburettor
Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:34 am by piston 197

» Buckled flywheel
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:41 pm by piston 197

» May help someone Handelbars
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:39 am by kerabo

Falcon 74 centre stand, can I see a complete bike?

Go down

Falcon 74 centre stand, can I see a complete bike?

Post  Harty210 on Wed May 22, 2013 9:37 pm

Hello again. I know there are several topics on this but I am struggling to work out how the spring is supposed to mount for the centre stand on my falcon 74 (1956), I can see the mounting 'hoops' on the stand and where it would logically go to on the frame but I think I am missing some vital components. Could someone please help me with this and maybe provide me with some decent photo's of the assembly, or ideally is someone in the Warwickshire /midlands area with a similar bike that I could come and have a look at it and maybe take some pictures as there are a few other areas I could do with seeing, as the bike wasn't fully built when I bought it, and I cannot find images that would help on the web.

Also could someone help with advising me where the rear seat mounts locate, it looks like they should locate on the same bolt as the top of the rear shocks, is this correct?

Thanks again in advance
Dave.
Harty210

Back to top Go down

falcon 74

Post  piston 197 on Thu May 23, 2013 5:07 am

Dave,
yes seat mounts at rear are to the shock absorber top bolts,
stand srping mechanism is as follows,
Imagine a six inch nail with the head cut off,and a bend of approx 3/4" at 90 degrees,there is a washer brazed to it approx 1/4" from the bend on the long side,there is a hole for a split pin drilled approx 1/8" from the end of the short bent part.
The short bent part goes through the mount on the stand,a straight spring goes along the long leg,There is a swivel trunion on the frame ,the other end goes through this with the spring between.
Sounda compliceated ,but i will put a sketch in with your parts i shall be posting today,
John H.
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Re: Falcon 74 centre stand, can I see a complete bike?

Post  Harty210 on Thu May 23, 2013 6:28 am

Great thanks John.
Harty210

Back to top Go down

falcon 74 stand mechanism

Post  ratbag on Fri May 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi I had the same problem with my 74.John H also sent me a description of it which is spot on and because I have a small lathe it was easy to make up some of the parts but parts can be made without a lathe. i am welcome for you to come and look at my stand, I live near Market Harborough. regards

ratbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Harty210 on Fri May 24, 2013 7:56 pm

ratbag wrote:Hi I had the same problem with my 74.John H also sent me a description of it which is spot on and because I have a small lathe it was easy to make up some of the parts but parts can be made without a lathe. i am welcome for you to come and look at my stand, I live near Market Harborough. regards

Hi ragbag, I have now reviewed John H's sketch (thanks John for this and the parts) and things are a bit clearer, however I would definitely take you up on the offer of getting up close to your falcon, if you could message me with an address and when would be best for you, and how is best to contact you then hopefully we can arrange something, as I am sure looking at a bike and taking some pictures will probably save me some head scratching later on.
Harty210

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down