» Trials rear sprocket
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:12 pm by bigpete

» 1933 'Something?? Help!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:58 am by Johnyfalcon

WELCOME TO THE FBOC FORUM

Go down

WELCOME TO THE FBOC FORUM

Post  Admin on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Welcome to the Francis-Barnett Owners Club Forum guest are more than welcome to view posts on here, but to post you will have register. Registrations will have to be validated by the Administrator and this can take a few days.
But to gain more information on Francis-Barnett Motorcycles, it is best to become a paid up Member of the owners club and gain from the benefits of Membership. Such benefits are members only area on this Forum where they can share information and help each other out, the club also offers discount insurance be it for your bike, car, or house. A quarterly magazine, club sections in different parts of the Country and above all else friendship. So why not give us a try, Come on don't be shy, you never know you might enjoy it! Very Happy

Admin
Admin

http://fboc.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

How may I join?

Post  Caliyank on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:18 am

Joining your club sounds like a grand idea, what is the procedure for a "foreigner" such as myself? Funds must be exchanged I would imagine, I have a pay pal account can it be utilized?

It's my understanding that the club has access to a supply of parts, is this correct? I also have a small supply of new old stock acquired years ago that I would be willing to share.

Best regards,
George Steward

Oh yes, those are Villiers parts I possess.

Last edited by Caliyank on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : did not specify that the parts I possess are Villiers.)

Caliyank

Back to top Go down

FB owners in Canada

Post  this old bike on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Hello George,
it is always nice to meet someone else in this end of the world with Francis Barnett . There are several of us here, I'm sure all would like to talk with you too. what are you working on? it seems we have falcons from the 40's and 50's.
Vince.
this old bike

Back to top Go down

New World FB

Post  Caliyank on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Well Vince it appears I have a 1954 Falcon 65 "Overseas" model. 197cc 4speed 8e engine. I am told it is a "cross" between a trials and scrambler for the overseas market. Where in Canada do you reside?

Caliyank

Back to top Go down

FB Canada

Post  this old bike on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:57 am

George I live in Edmonton Alberta. I am in communication with another fellow here and a collector in British Columbia.
Vince
this old bike

Back to top Go down

Hello

Post  cgfrancis on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello

I don't actually own a francis-barnett, however gordon francis was my great grandfather and arthur barnett was my great-great grandfather.. stumbled across this forum googling my family when I was bored at work!

cgfrancis

Back to top Go down

F/B Members

Post  tbird on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:37 am

Hi
It is nice to here from a relative of the original family.
I hope you enjoy the forum and perhaps have some interesting stories for us.
If you get bored at work again please come to the forum.

Regards

Graham (tbird) Surprised Very Happy
tbird

Back to top Go down

F/B Members

Post  MoscowFlyer on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:27 am

Hi, yes like Graham said, it's nice to hear from you, your family has left us a great legacy in these wonderful bikes, which have stood the test of time. Please do keep in touch. Mike
MoscowFlyer

Back to top Go down

Re: WELCOME TO THE FBOC FORUM

Post  dogman on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:25 pm

Can anyone help how do I replace a clutch cable on a cruiser 80 please e mail me
glenford05@btintermet.com
dogman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Snook on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:31 pm

After detaching the old cable from the handlebar lever (all adjusters backed off), remove the small cover in the RH case (2 screws) and detach the old cable from the small lever. I do this by rotating the lever rearwards with a screwdriver through the access hole in the case.

If it does not rotate rearwards enough to detach the old cable nipple - very thin pliers can help here, you will have to back off the adjuster in the center of the clutch (access through cover in the LH case (3 screws) to get pressure off the lever.

Now rotate the lever rearwards enough to detach the old nipple from the lever, the new inner cable should be inserted through the adjuster in the case which you should screw all the way in to give as much slack as possible. Then it's just a matter of threading the new cable assy, following the original route to the handlebar lever (don't let the nipple fall out of the small lever).

To adjust the clutch, leave the cable slack and adjust the center screw in the clutch pressure plate until it just contacts the clutch push rod ( the cable should be slack in the small lever ) - then back off the screw approx 1/2 a turn and lock the center screw lock nut. Now adjust the cable assy to give 1/16" inner cable clearance. Because the slack increases as the engine warms up, you may find that it is difficult to engage bottom gear at standstill with the engine running, because of clutch drag. Should this happen, turn your attention to making the clutch withdraw as evenly as possible - the spring pressures are all important, and because springs soften over time, your clutch may well open like a garden gate. New springs should be replaced as a set, but new springs may be pattern, so setting up the clutch can be a lottery if you've never done one before. The last set that I replaced were all 1/8" too long and required grinding to shorten them.
Ted Snook

Back to top Go down

NEW MEMDER

Post  MR SINBAD on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:59 pm

AS A MEW MEMBER I WOULD LIKE TO REGESTER
JOHN WAINWRIGHT
No 294

MR SINBAD

Back to top Go down

Hi I need help as iv only just bought a Francis Barnet and not sure if I was told the truth about the bike... I have a Francis Barnet cruise. The guy told me it was quite rare?? Is this true?? I'm only the second owner so iv not must to go on?

Post  Neil Porter on Tue May 16, 2017 7:45 am

Hi I need help as iv only just bought a Francis Barnet and not sure if I was told the truth about the bike... I have a Francis Barnet cruise. The guy told me it was quite rare?? Is this true?? I'm only the second owner so iv not must to go on?

Neil Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Snook on Tue May 16, 2017 11:03 am

Hi Neil and welcome to the Forum.

The name 'Cruiser' has been used by FB several times in it's history, from pre-war until near the end of manufacture, for different models. Check your Engine and Frame numbers and our Gurus on these matters can give you some answers.
Ted Snook

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Porter on Tue May 16, 2017 4:45 pm

CE15963 THATS THE FRAME NUMBER.. Any ideas. The only one I can find on YouTube is a red and white one.

Neil Porter

Back to top Go down

Frame number

Post  piston 197 on Tue May 16, 2017 6:50 pm

CE prefix denotes a 1961 model 84 Cruiser with AMC 25T engine and fully enclosed rear fibreglass enclosures
If there is no letter after the numbers it will be a Green/white one, a red one would have a R and a Black and white one would have BW
If you google "Francis Barnett Cruiser 84 images" you will see several in the green/white colour scheme

JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Porter on Tue May 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Thank you very much... That make sense.. Are they rare or not?? I'm wondering if I was told the truth??

Neil Porter

Back to top Go down

Rarity

Post  piston 197 on Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 pm

There are less Cruiser 84's in existence than Cruiser 80's which shared the same engine, they were made for 3 years, we had 11 on the club register belonging to members when the list was updated some years ago, but this only amounts to a small number of those either made, or still existing. I personally have had 4 of them ( none of which are on the club register) I would suggest that the survival rate is probably in the 100's rather than the 1000's.
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Porter on Tue May 16, 2017 7:42 pm

I'm thinking of building it so I can sell it on. (wedding next year) that's why il have to sell the bike... Any ideas of what I should be asking for in price??

Neil Porter

Back to top Go down

PM messaging

Post  dalgrae on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:44 am

Can you please advise me who to contact to allow PM messaging to be added to my profile

Regards dalgrae

dalgrae

Back to top Go down

Joining

Post  kerabo on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Caliyank wrote:Joining your club sounds like a grand idea, what is the procedure for a "foreigner" such as myself?  Funds must be exchanged I would imagine, I have a pay pal account can it be utilized?  

It's my understanding that the club has access to a supply of parts, is this correct?  I also have a small supply of new old stock acquired years ago that I would be willing to share.

Best regards,
George Steward

Oh yes, those are Villiers parts I possess.

If your intrested in joining search for Francis Barnett Owners Club. Not the forum and click join on line. You enter your details and your bikes details and click the link and it takes you to the PayPal site. From there you can choose your method of having the club magazine and click the correct payment and that's it. I will be sent your details and will join you. Or you can send payment in the post.
We have a member in Alberta and one in Ontario
Regards Ken
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87..1936 Cruiser 39. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Hi from Fort William

Post  bigpete on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:27 am

Thanks for the membership
I have a Francis Barnett trials bike 1958 which I'm building and a 500 matchless also 1958 which I'm building in street scrambler/ desert sled style.
If you're passing and I'm in the kettles on.
Peter
bigpete

Back to top Go down

New member looking for bits

Post  Jerryspink on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:38 pm

I have a 1955 FB Falcon in the throws of restoration.I gather the correct tank badges are rare but have heard someone does repros can anyone help with information about this? Many thanks.

Jerryspink

Back to top Go down

Spares

Post  kerabo on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Jerry
I think you Posted in the wrong section.
Look for bike help and post there. Or contact John Harding who has his name in the directory and on the paper that your card was stuck to.
Regards Ken
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87..1936 Cruiser 39. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Badges

Post  piston 197 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:04 pm

I have sent you a p.m with badge details
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: