Latest topics
» 4T Engine Number Prefixes..
Today at 4:48 pm by piston 197

» Cruiser oil.
Today at 4:40 pm by piston 197

» 1935 Francis Barnett Cruiser Project
Today at 3:49 pm by davin999

» lost brkt (cruiser 80)
Today at 3:18 pm by intrudin

» Hello - new owner 1958 Crusier 2T, bike registration help, photo added
Today at 11:48 am by piston 197

» 6e carburettor
Yesterday at 4:41 pm by piston 197

»  Plover won't start -:no spark
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:59 pm by piston 197

» Are these Francis Barnett
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:42 am by kerabo

» Cruiser 80
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:58 pm by intrudin


Where's the frame number on a '62 Fulmar?

Go down

Where's the frame number on a '62 Fulmar?

Post  HyFy on Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:42 pm

I have just picked up two F-B's from my Dad's shed. One, a Falcon 58, I will keep, as it is a runner and forty something odd years ago I used to ride it to school. The other is a 1962 Fulmar 88 which we propose to offer for sale. I'm trying to check that it is as on the Log Book (original). The number on the bike apparently was 48.ACH but that has been changed on the Log Book to RHS.435.F (not date related!). I have found the engine number and that checks out. Can anyone help with a location for the frame number? I am assuming that as there appears to have been no disturbance to the engine mounting bolts, the original engine is still fitted to the original frame but it would be nice to confirm it.

After I have checked that out - does anyone want a complete (all bar the seat and one of the "handling handles") Fulmar 88? It wouldn't win a concours d' in it's present state but I guess given fresh fuel and a clean plug, it would go.

I have pictures of the bike and scans of the Log Book if anyone is interested.

HyFy


Last edited by HyFy on Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Poor English in title)
avatar
HyFy

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-07-09
Location : Newton Abbot

Back to top Go down

Fulmar 88

Post  nai1955 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi,

I have a fulmar 88 and would be interested in one for spares. What are you looking for for this bike. I can be contacted on 07770 884718.

Rgds
Neville

nai1955

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-05-17
Age : 63
Location : Herne Hill, South London

Back to top Go down

I knew someone would ask that...

Post  HyFy on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Thanks for that. But I've no idea what a rolling 99.9pc complete original Fulmar with Brown book is worth. I hadn't thought to sell it at a "for spares" price.

Leave it with me and I'll come back to you on your mobile.

HyFy.

avatar
HyFy

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-07-09
Location : Newton Abbot

Back to top Go down

FULMAR FOR SALE

Post  BANTAMAN on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:06 pm

HI HAVE YOU STILL GOT THE FULMAR , I AM LOOKING FOR ONE TO RESTORE AS I HAVE A COUPLE IN BITS AND COULD USE THESE BITS TO BUILD ANOTHER BIKE , IF INTERESTED GIVE ME A RING ON 01263 821504 AND ASK FOR CHRIS

BANTAMAN
Guest


Back to top Go down

fulmar frame no

Post  stuart elkes on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:02 pm

the frame no on a fulmar is on a metal plate riveted to the main frame tube on the timeing side above and slightley forward of the gearbox stuart elkes.

stuart elkes

Posts : 237
Join date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Where's the frame number on a '62 Fulmar?

Post  davin999 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 am

stuart elkes wrote:the frame no on a fulmar is on a metal plate riveted to the main frame tube on the timeing side above and slightley forward of the gearbox stuart elkes.

Hello All, i`ve just joined the forum i need some help from you guy`s i`m new to Francis Barnett`s, i`ve just bought a Fulmar with no paperwork so the first job is to find the numbers i cannot find the frame number i`ve searched the forum and found this post there`s no sign of a riveted plate and no holes to show that there was one.i took off the front panel to search the headstock no numbers other than a casting number but attached to one of the rails was a luggage type label with a number DRG 10381 and a registration number matching the front number plate 341 UN, anyone any idea where to look for the number on the frame.I found the engine number 15T 6358 if that helps to date the bike,will greatly appricate any help
regards
Dave

davin999

Posts : 30
Join date : 2018-06-09

Back to top Go down

Fulmar frame number

Post  piston 197 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:08 pm

Some Fulmars have a stamped in frame number on the left hand side near the rear engine mount, not an obvious place to look , the later ones have it on the rivetted on plate as described above on the l/hand side of the headstock, if it was there and has fallen off/ been removed, there will be rivet holes where it would have been , if you clean off the paint and there are no rivet marks then look on the frame near the rear engine mount
JH
avatar
piston 197
Moderator

Posts : 4122
Join date : 2008-08-17
Location : ross-on-wye

Back to top Go down

Re: Where's the frame number on a '62 Fulmar?

Post  davin999 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:26 pm

piston 197 wrote:Some Fulmars have a stamped in frame number on the left hand side near the rear engine mount, not an obvious place to look , the later ones have it on the rivetted on plate as described above on the l/hand side of the headstock, if it was there and has fallen off/ been removed, there will be rivet holes where it would have been , if you clean off the paint and there are no rivet marks then look on the frame near the rear engine mount
JH

Many thanks JH i`ll get some paint stripper tomorrow and strip the headstock.

davin999

Posts : 30
Join date : 2018-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Where's the frame number on a '62 Fulmar?

Post  fulmar88 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:21 am

davin999 wrote:
piston 197 wrote:Some Fulmars have a stamped in frame number on the left hand side near the rear engine mount, not an obvious place to look , the later ones have it on the rivetted on plate as described above on the l/hand side of the headstock, if it was there and has fallen off/ been removed, there will be rivet holes where it would have been , if you clean off the paint and there are no rivet marks then look on the frame near the rear engine mount
JH

Many thanks JH i`ll get some paint stripper tomorrow and strip the headstock.

Before you get the paint stripper out unnecessarily the frame number may actually be on the RIGHT hand side near the rear engine mount as shown in the pic below (Just in case you looked on the left hand side only and then decided to strip the headstock).


avatar
fulmar88

Posts : 571
Join date : 2010-03-15
Age : 52

Back to top Go down

My bad

Post  piston 197 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:44 am

YES! i meant R/hand side near the rear engine mount NOT L/hand side, got mixed up mid desription L/hand side headstock , or R/hand side rear engine mount as per picture above .
Looking at the above picture, that is only the second side stand i have ever seen on a Fulmar !
JH
avatar
piston 197
Moderator

Posts : 4122
Join date : 2008-08-17
Location : ross-on-wye

Back to top Go down

Re: Where's the frame number on a '62 Fulmar?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum